this will be me

this will be me

Monday, April 9, 2007

Finally, my bike



I received my bike last Tuesday and my schedule immediately got busy. The box representing my first $1,000 of fundraising as well as the future me as a hardcore cyclist had to sit, first in my living room, then my sunroom... lonely but well padded. Finally, today I left class a little early, my plan was to put the bike together and then run errands for studio (always more supplies to buy). I figured that 3 or 4 miles to and from Home Depot would be a nice taste. It took far longer than I expected, but every moment was wonderful. And once I actually got on the bike, I was in heaven. I am now in love. I only rode a mile to work and a mile back home. I started a little unsure, I've never ridden a road bike before, and my heavy Giant that carries me, groceries, my trumpet, studio supplies, basically anything feels way different. My new Trek is so light that any change in my pedaling actually resulted in a change in my speed! There she is, locked up tight in my basement.


Now, I've been distracted by my bike, but I did have a party to raise money for Bike and Build two Saturdays. I must say it went well - I raised $180 and a bag of popcorn with an evening of hanging out with people I like. People who weren't able to come are still donating (not any more popcorn).

No comments: